Friday, August 6, 2010

So, let me get this straight...

...the University of Southern Cal has returned (the school's replica of) Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy to the Heisman Foundation but still displays O.J. Simpson's?

Really?

Yes, in my opinion Bush should be omitted from the record books, and yes, even be asked to hand over his own Heisman for being exceedingly greedy and thinking solely of himself and none of his teammates, future teammates, coaches and fans who are unjustly paying the price for him now.

But, as far as I know, Bush never lost a civil trial connected with the murder of his ex-wife and her alleged boyfriend, did he?

My point is, it is painfully obvious that the only reason the brass at USC made the decision to remove any and all connection with Bush (they're even removing all of his jerseys, murals and any other likenesses of him on campus) is simply because they are currently scrambling to try and bolster their appeal to the NCAA for the penalties recently handed down to the school.

But O.J.'s blood-stained stuff is allowed to stay?

I'm not for one second defending Bush or making light of the stain he has left on college football.

But it certainly puts a different perspective on what it apparently takes to get a former football player vanished from a program, doesn't it?

Agree? Disagree?

I'd like to hear what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, the RIGHT thing to do would be for them to empty out all awards and such attributed to Orinthal. Isn't their argument that he wasn't found guilty in the criminal trial? Weak at best I know. So there are grounds to argue that what OJ 'alegedly' did has nothing to do with what USC acheived on the fields of competition. As opposed to what Reggie& Co. did was in direct violation of the NCAA's rules. But to answer your question-I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, I love Emmitt, but no mention of UF days? I thought his speech was very touching and emotional. His biggest breakdown came when recognizing Moose, but no mention of his college fullback, Godfather to his children and a man who died and came back, Daryl Perry? I guess he covered it with the "you guys I didn't mention, you know who you are" ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they say its the Pro Football Hall of Fame not College Football Hall of Fame. They should still recognize them because without them they would have never made it to where they were.

    ReplyDelete